Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
Eligible to vote absentee if one of the following applies:
- Voter is going to be away from your county on Election Day and during early voting
- Voter is sick or disabled
- Voter is 65 years of age or older on Election Day
- Voter is confined in jail, but eligible to vote
What Types of ID are required to apply for Absentee Voting?
ID NOT required if voter has voted in Texas before.
First-time voters who did not provide driver’s license or Social Security number on their voter registration form must provide ONE of the following:
- Driver’s license
- State ID
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Birth certificate
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization
- Current utility bill with voter’s name and Texas address
- Bank statement with voter’s name and Texas address
- Paycheck with voter’s name and Texas address
- Government check with voter’s name and Texas address